Special Achievement of the Year (2015-16)
With support of UNICEF, Vikas Bharti Bishunpur has successfully accomplished sanitation programme in 1 block named Dulmi of Ramgarh district that has led to declare the block as complete ODF (Open Defecations Free) block. This special achievement of Vikas Bharti Bishunpur was achieved through rigourous efforts made by the project staff in close cooperation with Jal Sahiyas, Mukhiyas, Technical Person through village, health and sanitation committee members, etc. SATO dam and REHE dam were constructed in Sato and Rehe villages respectively of Bishunpur block , Gumla district as solely with the contribution of Vikas Bharti Bishunpur at the height of 1200 ft and 1350 ft respectively. With the massive contribution of irrigating about 2000 hectares of land and that are surely benefitting the farmers of the nearby villages. Vikas Bharti Bishunpur have planted to about 16 lakhs of fruits saplings in between 1986 to 1992 and for such contributuion the organisation have recieved Indira Priyadarshini Vriksh Mitra Award from the hand of then President of India Late Sri Shankar Dayal Sharma in 1991. More than 1000 Self Help Groups have been formed by Vikas Bharti Bishunpur and they were linked to various income generating activities. At present the products made by these SHGs under the brand name VIKAS is being supplied and are being sold in different markets by Vikas Bharti Bishunpur. Sri Ashok Bhagat Ji was been chosen as the sole ambassador in Jharkhand of Swatch Bharat Abhiyaan and under his guidance Vikas Bharti Bishunpur has launced massive program under swatch Bharat Abhiyaan across the state of Jharkhand . Thousands of volunteers have participated in the abhiyaan and visited door-to-door , village to village so as to make the people aware of cleaniness and the work of cleaning was done on large scale. Under Hari Hari Mahotsav lakhs of fruit saplings were planted across the state of Jharkhand. Through Boraband campaign Vikas Bharti Bishunpur along with the help of villagers has started a technique by filling cement bags with sand termed as Boraband and limits the flow of running water as use them for irrigation and in the production of vegetables by the local farmers. The technique Boraband after their success in Gumla have been adopted by the Government to implement this in the other districts of the Jharkhand.
Please raise your hand
for those helpless childrens who need it
- INDIRA PRIYADARSHINI VRIKSH MITRA AWARD of 1991 for Social forestry programmes in tribal area – By Ministry of Environment & Forest Govt. of India.
- VIVEKANAND SEWA PURASKAR of 1992 – By Kumar Sabha Pustakalya Kolkata India.
- BHAU RAO SEWA SAMMAN – By RSS for Best Social Services.
- SWAMI RAMA HUMANITARIAN AWARD 2008 from Himalayan Trust for social services and empowerment of rural poor and tribal people of hard to reach areas of Jharkhand
- JHARKHAND GAURAV SAMMAN in 2014 By Daily Prabhat Khabar
- JHARKHAND RATNA AWARD
- AWARD FOR BEST SOCIAL SERVICE in Jharkhand by Dainik Bhaskar group
- Nominated as the Swachata Doot by Ms. Mridula Sinha (Governor of Goa) during Swatcha Bharat Abhiyaan
- Conferred with PADMASHREE Award in 2015 for social development work.
- Received 18th Mahaveer Award for social services from Bhagwan Mahaveer Foundation Chennai